2-Piece OE Replacement 380x34mm 48 Curve Vane Discs w/Hardware
Reuse OE Hat With New Supplied Hardware
Rear (Pair) J-Hook Slot Pattern
The GT-R’s original equipment (OE) brake discs just don’t have the staying power when pushed to the limits. Premature brake disc cracking is something no one wants to see after a day of fun. It didn’t take long for many to realize this is one of the few areas of weakness in an otherwise incredible car.
Quickly responding to customer demand, STILLEN is now offering AP Racing upgraded discs that mount straight onto the OE brake hats. These discs have been track proven (Nürburgring, Silverstone and more) on GT-R’s in extreme conditions by professional drivers. They not only lasted much longer without cracking, several drivers reported improved brake pedal feel and easier pedal modulation. The best thing is that these upgraded discs cost even less than standard factory replacements.
These discs are from a new AP Racing casting specifically designed for heavy sports cars. It uses a 72 curve vane design, using the same OE air gap of 17mm and increasing mass with thicker walls. The result is a disc with higher thermal capacity which is needed on a vehicle that is heavily tracked, very hard to design effective air ducting and sees high disc temperatures.
Here are the highlights:
- Top quality, proprietary iron alloy with multi-stage thermal processing.
- Curved-vane core (48 vanes) for better thermal management under extreme use. More expensive to make, but improved cooling over the OE pillar vane design.
- Available in both Slotted and J-Hook Patterns (not drilled!) to improve pad bite and resist cracking under severe use.
- Precisely balanced at high RPM for smooth operation at any vehicle speed.
- Friction faces finished on the latest generation twin-turning equipment, better DTV (Disc Thickness Variation) and less runout than typical double-disc grinding machines.
- Includes fresh hardware for track-day confidence every day.
- Added bonus: Even priced less than the standard OE discs!
Being partnered with the legendary AP Racing is a huge benefit when developing upgrades for the most aggressive drivers. AP Racing is fast approaching 700 Formula One Grand Prix wins. Taking a walk down a NASCAR pit lane seems like strolling though an AP Racing outdoor showroom. It’s the same with LeMans prototypes, WRC, Group N and more worldwide. Now you too can have championship-winning AP Racing technology on your GT-R!