SALOON stands for standard production cars. Saloon means the shoulder harness is longer to allow mounting to a rear position or to be wrapped on the roll bar vs other race specific vehicles that are designed to mount harnesses to the seat or within the monocoque.
Sabelt has been the first to homologate with the new Fia Standard 8853-2016 homologation.
Sabelt can proudly announce to be the FIRST in the world to have the new FIA 8853-2016 standard harness homologation. Formula 1, WRC (RC1) cars running in the FIA WRC, Super 2000 Circuit (TC1) cars running in the FIA WTCC and any customer who wishes to have the latest safety and quality products can use Sabelt harnesses. The harnesses will be available to all our distributors and final users starting from January 2017. In Formula 1 Sabelt has tested to update the product to the latest safety and quality standards reaching an astonishing weight of less than 0.5kg per harness thanks to the use of ultra-light webbing, titanium and aluminium hardware.
Following the entry into force of the new FIA 8853-2016 Standard on Safety Belts for Competition, which will be effective for F1 next year, Sabelt has updated its sled for crash tests, increasing the speed of impact against fixed barrier 50 Km / h to 67 Km / h , with angled seat of 30 ° and peak deceleration higher than 60 g .
Sabelt is the only manufacturer of belts for competition able to run tests in its own laboratory.
- FIA8853-2016 new spec belt
- Shoulder Straps full 2″width aluminium
- Lap belts full 2″width with lightweight hook fixing sewn
- Lap belts 2″ quick adjuster integrated to buckle tongue
- Crotches 2″ width snap hook/tribar fixing
- Yellow Loops
- Option for pull up pull down lap belt (pull down designed for GT/Endurance
- New compact buckle designed with crotches slots integrated into main body
- Velcros on shoulder
- Intercom wire fixing
- Grip System for FHR (Frontal head restraint eg. HANS) with silicon patch with Sabelt logo available on demand