The LSD was designed around using 38220-AR000 output shafts. If you still have the original differential in your car you can contact us with your VIN number so we can verify which output shafts your car has.
Under racing conditions, the function of the LSD is to allow the drive wheels to apply equal traction under acceleration and deceleration. Our OS Giken Super Lock LSD is engineered to be extremely responsive to throttle input to give the driver full control over differential action. Our units are a negative preload design which allows for minimal lock when power is not delivered (turn in) and progressive maximum lock 100% on corner exit. Our unit is capable of controlling when 100% lock happens dependant on estimated power delivery and grip available (tires).
Through its innovative and patented design, up to twice as many friction plates are able to fit into the housing when compared to our competitors’ products. This enables the OS Giken Super Lock LSD to achieve true 100% locking capability. Our LSD is also customizable by adjusting the spring inside the pressure ring to achieve progressive lock and allow high powered vehicles controllable lockup. Additionally, its superior design allows for excellent smoothness in regards to lock, virtually eliminating the “chatter” associated with other clutch type LSD brands.
Each component of every OS Giken Super Lock LSD uses only the highest grade materials and manufacturing processes. They are constructed and finished to extremely tight tolerances to eliminate “break-in” period prior to racing conditions. Expect longer life out of LSD performance compared to its competition. Rebuilds are rarely needed and is recommended to have fluids changed periodically to prolong the life of the unit.
- Miniaturized pressure ring and a superior spline-through-side-gear design allows for fitment of more friction plates (up to 2x as many as competitors versions), offering true 100% lock capability.
- Patented pressure ring design allows for smooth, progressive locking.
- LSD case has a relief cut-out for the cone spring, resulting in minimal cone spring degradation and enhanced durability.
- All components are chemically heat treated for maximum durability
- All components are constructed from a high-grade steel alloy
- Gears are raw-forged for maximum strength
- Clutch disks are precision-machined simultaneously on both sides to extremely tight tolerances resulting in minimal warpage.
- LSD case is machined from a single billet piece to ensure uniformity.
Superior Overall Performance
- The OS LSD standard spec allows for low preload while still retaining a fully progressive 100% lock capability; basically, the vehicle will feel like driving on an open diff in slow turns / street driving, but can still transmit maximum power to the drive wheels under load.
- Operation is ultra quiet, and the progressive locking allows for smooth, predictable locking. Especially when replacing an open diff, equipping OS LSD will completely improve the driving experience while maintaining everyday drivability.
- Due to the precision manufacturing, high-grade materials, and unique design, a break-in period nor rebuild is required for OS Giken LSD’s. OS LSD is purposefully over-engineered to offer the best performing, most durable clutch-type LSD available.
- Aside from the performance advantage and stock-like feel at slow speeds, vehicles equipped with OS LSD are more stable in all road/weather conditions, allowing for a safer driving experience.
- Initial torque can be adjusted by using thicker / thinner cone springs
- Lock progression timing can be adjusted by using stiffer / weaker pressure ring springs, allowing the progression of full lock to be fine-tuned to the vehicle/driver.
- Ramp angles can be customized by swapping the pressure ring and iron cross for even more tuning possibilities.
- TCD spec disks can be installed for increased oil cooling and even smoother operation.
Our revolutionary pressure ring houses our patented lock timing system, where springs work in opposition of torque being applied to the LSD. This results in a progressive, smooth, and quiet operation of the clutch discs within the differential. Furthermore, by modifying the spring rate, the rate of which the differential reaches full lock can be adjusted to suit particular vehicle settings and racing styles.
Unlike other manufacturers that utilize modular components, we produce our cams and pressure rings as matching sets. Because the faces of the cams are grounded exactly to match the application area of the pressure ring, torque transfer is smooth and consistent throughout the lock range.
The unique “spline-through” side gears allows our LSD to house more clutch discs than other competitors. Also, due to the relatively large size, it provides superior durability and torque transfer.
The discs are precision-machined simultaneously on both sides to extremely tight tolerances to reduce flatness deviations and to eliminate the need to perform the tedious “figure 8” break-in period. By using as much as twice as many clutch discs than competing brands, our differential provides superior torque hold, while also reducing the “clunkiness” of traditional clutch-type LSDs. This also results in enhanced durability and reduced wear as torque hold is spread out over a higher amount of friction surfaces.
The case and all components are constructed from a high-grade steel alloy, and then chemically heat treated for increased durability. The extra rigidity created ensures that the internal components stay within their tight tolerances, allowing the differential to function with watch-like precision.